Stevens-Henager College Statement on LawsuitSalt Lake City, Utah (May 09, 2014) —
Stevens-Henager College believes that the recently announced lawsuit is completely baseless and without merit and is providing this statement without further comment due to the pending litigation. Initiation of this lawsuit is an orchestrated attempt by two unprincipled, disgruntled former employees to use the legal system to extort money from the college.
The college’s compensation practices have always complied with federal rules and regulations, consistent with advice given to us by legal counsel, and we are confident that our practices will withstand any legal review.
- Stevens-Henager College is an ethical organization with decades of demonstrated compliance with applicable federal regulations and accreditation standards.
- Stevens-Henager College’s compensation policy for its admissions consultants, or any other employees involved in the enrollment process, does not allow for any bonuses or payments for simply enrolling students.
- Students who enroll into Stevens-Henager College’s degree programs must meet specific enrollment standards, including having a high school diploma or GED. We are passionate about supporting our students and helping them strive to improve their lives through education.
- Stevens-Henager College has a 123-year tradition of employing qualified faculty members with education, training, and experience in their respective fields. Our faculty, facilities, and curriculum are periodically and consistently reviewed by accreditors and other regulatory agencies.
- Unfortunately, organizations throughout the United States often find themselves having to defend baseless lawsuits. Stevens-Henager College is not immune to this tragic reality.
- Stevens-Henager College will aggressively defend itself against these allegations while remaining dedicated to providing our students with high-quality, ethical, and career-focused education and related services.
About Stevens Henager
Established in 1891, Stevens-Henager College provides career-focused higher education to students in Utah and Idaho. Offering both undergraduate and graduate degree programs in healthcare, business, graphic arts and computer science, Stevens-Henager is committed to preparing professionals for meaningful careers and an increased sense of satisfaction. Dedicated to advancing higher-education opportunities in its communities, Stevens-Henager is the only college in Utah to offer free GED® and other degree preparatory programs through its Good Neighbor Initiative. Stevens-Henager College has 10 campus locations throughout Utah and Idaho, including Salt Lake City/Murray, Ogden/West Haven, Provo/Orem, Layton, Lehi, Logan, St. George, Boise, Nampa and Idaho Falls.* For more information or to speak to an academic advisor, please call 801-312-0079. Stevens-Henager is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
*Idaho Falls is a branch campus of CollegeAmerica, Flagstaff, AZ