8 Apps for Better Productivity as a College Student
8 Apps to be More Productive in College
If you’re a student (especially a non-traditional one), getting your college education is a very rewarding experience. However, that doesn’t mean it’s always easy. Between taking exams, working part- or full-time, and spending time with your family, there is a lot to do and a lot to keep straight. Luckily, you don’t need to go at it all without any help.
Try one or more of these apps for giving a boost to your productivity, studying, note-taking, and stress management!
1- Note-Taking App
If you are worried about keeping all your handwritten notes organized and all in one place, a note-taking app can be just the answer you need. Now all of your notes will be synced across all of your devices. You can also copy and paste pictures and videos into your notes for review later.
- Evernote is a perennial favorite app for its ability to handle everything you can throw at it including notes, to-do lists, audio, images (with in-app image annotation), OCR support for paper and whiteboard scanning, email integration, sharing, web clipper, a huge selection of organizational tools, and more. Seriously, this app does it all.
- If minimalistic is your preference, it doesn’t get more simple than Simplenote. It’s scarce in features but robust and fast. Plus, all its features are free.
2- Study App
Non-traditional students can benefit greatly from a study app since there usually isn’t a ton of time every day to sit down and go at it in a traditional way.
- iStudiez has won numerous awards for their unique app which combines a homework tracker and schedule planner. This app allows you to easily manage all your homework assignments, academic work, courses, class details, instructors info, and grades. All your data gets synced across devices and includes two-way integration with your calendar app.
- Get the most out of your study time with Study Buddy. Made by students for students, there is a lot of value in this one app. Features include connecting with local students who are studying the same subject as you, homework help, and free tutoring.
3- Productivity App
If you are the easily distracted type, doing online research for assignments can be a brutal test of your willpower for staying on task. If your productivity ability is lacking, try one of these apps:
- SelfControl allows you to block your own access to distracting websites and mail servers. Just add sites to your blacklist and set a period of time to block them. You will then be unable to access those sites until the timer expires, even if you restart your computer or delete the app.
- You have goals. With Beeminder, you may actually have a chance of achieving them. Once you input a quantifiable goal (for example, finishing a research paper), you’ll get a personalized Yellow Brick Road to follow in order to stay on track and watch your progress. The catch? If you get off track, you pledge a certain amount of money (you set the amount) that Beeminder charges you should you get off track again.
4- Stress and/or Anxiety Strategy App
Student life can be challenging, especially if you’re a non-traditional student. However, that doesn’t mean you need to white-knuckle your way through each semester.
- It’s common for students to get overstressed before and during exams. If this is you, check out the AnxietyBC MindShift app for tips on how to gain control of your breathing and distracting thoughts. Included are strategies to help you learn how to deal with everyday anxiety, as well as tools to tackle:
- Sleep schedules
- Intense emotions
- Test anxiety
- Social anxiety
- Performance anxiety
- For learning how to destress generally by creating more mindfulness and tracking your moods, Pacifica can help with that. Set daily challenges to help reach your long-term happiness goals. This can be helpful for busy students who are juggling many important aspects of life at the same time. Taking just a few minutes a day to come back to your center can focus your mind and prepare it for more learning.
Now that you are armed with these useful apps, you can tackle any assignment, pass any exam, and feel good doing it!