Why Getting an MBA Is Worth It
When it comes to landing the ideal job or pursuing a life-long dream career, most Americans fall short. In fact, as reported in a survey from CareerBuilder.com, a mere one out of every five U.S. workers actually works the job they’ve always wanted. In other words, nearly 80% of American workers aren’t pursuing dream jobs.
Fortunately, you don’t have to add to this statistic. At Stevens-Henager College, we strive to provide our students with the skills, education, and resources needed to be one of the driven people who not only pursue the job of their dreams, but excel in the career field they’ve always wanted.
Mastering the world of business
Business administration is the most popular college degree program in the nation, and for good reason. With fields in finance, accounting, marketing, management, and general business, a business degree opens the door to a plethora of unique and various occupations.
Is a master’s degree in business worth it?
If you’ve already been integrated in the U.S. workforce, have spent years serving as a member of the military, or recently finished putting in thousands of hours of studying to earn your undergraduate degree, the idea of setting aside two more years of your life to earn your MBA can seem exhausting.
However, there are several reasons why a Master’s degree in business is, in fact, worth it.
- You’ll have a chance to dig into and reflect on some of the biggest issues in the business world with experienced professionals and like-minded individuals.
- You’ll expand your network of business experts who have or will make a significant impact in the business industry. The people that you meet can become your partners, customers, suppliers, and community advocates for life.
- You’ll fine-tune your ability to encourage collaboration and cohesiveness amongst a group of individuals who may have goals that are similar to your own.
- You’ll have the freedom to ponder problems in our global economy and the resources and education needed to confront these issues.
- You’ll have one-on-one interactions with experienced, knowledgeable professors who’ll consistently challenge you and push you to expand your viewpoints and thought processes.
- You’ll have the chance to redirect your professional path, regardless of your age, current occupation, or past experiences.
- You’ll expand your professional skills such as managing others, public speaking, networking, finance management, etc.
Additionally, a highly popular reason for getting your Master’s degree in business is to boost both your earning power and probability of advancement. In short, if you’ve spent the time, effort, and resources into getting your undergraduate degree in business, going on to get your masters is worth it.
Keep reading to learn more about earning your Master’s in business and what you can do with it once it’s yours.
Getting your Master’s in business: The ins and outs
Contrary to what you might think, you don’t have to undergo rigorous GMAT testing or a lengthy application process in order to qualify for business school to earn your MBA. Thanks to modern education, there are a variety of different options available to you that allow you to tailor your education to the demands of your lifestyle.
At Stevens-Henager College in St. George, we don’t think you should place restraints or parameters on your education. Whether you’re a full-time parent, working hard to support yourself and/or your loved ones, or still trying to figure out which path you’re going to take in life, we believe you should always have access to the higher education you need to reach your goals and pursue the business career of your dreams. As such, we’re proud to offer a unique Masters in Business Administration (MBA) degree program that can be customized to fit your needs. This program is offered by our affiliated institution, Independence University.
As an Independence University graduate student, you’ll be able to choose from Master’s programs including:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration with an emphasis in Entrepreneurship
Both of our accredited degree programs are 15-months-long and designed to provide you with the advanced knowledge, skills, and resources you need to excel as a business professional.
Prepared to be professional
Whether online learning is in your best interest or an intimate classroom setting works better for you, it’s our job at Stevens-Henager College in St. George to ensure you’re armed with the knowledge you need to be a success in the world of business.
- Business executive
- Finance officer
- Management consultant
- General manager
- Marketing director
- Financial analyst
- Sales director
- Self-employed business owner
What are you waiting for? Request more information about our degree programs to learn more about how we can help you jump start your dream career, today.