New Mobile Site Available for LearningStudio
Posted By Staff Writer on July 22, 2011
- Use the Internet browser (e.g., Safari) of your mobile device to access the LearningStudio Mobile Site.
- Key in the URL: http://m.learn.stevenshenager.edu.
- Login using the same username and password you use to access your LearningStudio courses from your PC.
- For faster access in the future, you can use your browser's Add (+) or Bookmark feature (“Add to Home Screen” or “Add Shortcut to Home”) to create a home screen icon for the Stevens-Henager College mSite for LearningStudio.
- Activity – The Activity tab in the Home section shows the student what's happening in their courses. Items include discussion thread posts and responses, assignment Dropbox submissions, and Gradebook items.
- Upcoming – The Upcoming tab in the Home section shows the user a cross-course list of upcoming events, which includes any items with a due date, or start/end date such as scheduled discussion threads, quizzes/exams, and HTML content.
- Discussions – The Discussions section shows active discussions (posts within the last 24 hours) from across a user's courses, and lets the user see all topics, organized by unit. A user can reply to any topic or response. Discussion topics support rich text and images.
- Courses – The Courses section shows the current module course(s) and instructor(s) for student. The Course home section also shows the most recent announcement.
- Announcements - Users can see all of the Announcements within each course. Rich text is supported in Announcements.
- Gradebook - Users can see their Gradebook, with both graded and ungraded items, and see details for graded items.
- People - A simple People list shows the course roster of classmates and instructors. Future versions of the mSite will add aspects of social learning to the People section.
Author Bio: Teri Brandenburg, Ph.D Associate Dean, Curriculum Development Stevens-Henager College, Online Division