GED® Recipient Scholarships
Stevens-Henager College realizes how challenging it is for a student to come back to school and earn his or her GED. We are pleased to offer the Build a Better Future Scholarship to help these students continue with their education and pursue a career-focused college degree.
The Build a Better Future Scholarship award is for $3,000. There is no limit on the number of awards that can be given each year by the college’s campuses.
To apply for the Build a Better Future Scholarship, an applicant should contact the Stevens-Henager campus they are interested in attending. To be eligible, an applicant must:
- 1. Completed one of our college’s GED preparation programs
- 2. Provide proof that the student earned his or her GED
- 3. Apply for this scholarship within one year of earning his or her GED
- Applicant must submit all application materials at least one week prior to starting school.
- Applicant can receive only one scholarship award from the college.
- The scholarship is awarded ratably, by term, over the course of the student’s program. A term is normally four months.
- Scholarship recipients must meet all program and college-entrance requirements.
- Scholarships are non-transferable, apply only to tuition, and do not result in a cash payment to students. All scholarships are a credit toward tuition charges.
- To remain eligible for the Build a Better Future Scholarship, a recipient must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 throughout his or her enrollment. If recipient’s cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0, he or she will lose the scholarship and all future awards will be cancelled.
- If a recipient withdraws or is terminated, the scholarship is permanently forfeited.
- Scholarships are available only to those who qualify, and they are limited in number.