High School Student Scholarships
Stevens-Henager College offers several valuable scholarship programs to students graduating from high school:
Presidential Scholarship: The Presidential Scholarship is a full-tuition scholarship. The Presidential Scholarship may be awarded each year by each on-ground campus to a graduating high school student in the campus’s region (if the criteria are met). A campus representative will administer an approved test at high schools throughout the campus’s region. The student in each region with the highest test score who also achieves the highest ACT score (minimum of 24) may be awarded a full-tuition scholarship. To remain eligible for the scholarship, a recipient must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.8 and at least 94% attendance. One Presidential Scholarship is available each year at each on-ground campus location.
Counselor’s Choice Scholarship: Each year, two Counselor’s Choice Scholarship certificates will be given to a high school counselor at each high school where a college representative makes a presentation. The high school counselor may award the certificates to two graduating high school seniors. If you qualify, you’ll receive an award of either $15,000 toward an associate’s degree or $25,000 toward a bachelor’s degree.
To be eligible for a Counselor’s Choice Scholarship, you must:
- 1. Be selected by your high school counselor for the scholarship
- 2. Interview with one of the college’s admissions consultants
- 3. Meet all admissions criteria for enrollment in your chosen degree program
- 4. Enroll in and start classes no later than December 31 of your graduation year
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Academic Scholarship: Academic scholarships of up to $8,000 may be awarded by an on-ground campus to graduating high school seniors. To use the scholarship, award recipients must enroll and start classes at the college within one year from the date they graduated high school. Applicants who graduate from high school with a GPA of 3.5 or higher (as evidenced on an official transcript) are exempt from testing. Other applicants must take the Otis Lennon test and can receive an award based upon the following scores:
- 1. Applicants who score >34 Scholarship award of $7,000
- 2. Applicants who score >46 Scholarship award of $7,500
- 3. Applicants who score >58 Scholarship award of $8,000
To remain eligible for an academic scholarship, recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and at least 90% attendance. There is no limit on the number of academic scholarships that the college can award each year.
To apply for one of the High School Student Scholarships, high school students should contact the Stevens-Henager campus they are interested in attending.
- Applicant must submit all application materials at least one week prior to starting school.
- If recipients of the academic scholarship do not begin college within one year of their graduation from high school, they forfeit the academic scholarship award.
- Each applicant can receive only one scholarship award from the college.
- The scholarship is awarded ratably, by term, over the course of the student’s program. A term is normally four months.
- Scholarship recipients must meet all program and college-entrance requirements.
- Scholarships are non-transferable, apply only to tuition, and do not result in a cash payment to students. All scholarships are a credit towards tuition charges.
- To remain eligible for an academic scholarship, a recipient must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 throughout his or her enrollment. If recipient’s cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0, he or she will lose the scholarship and all future awards will be cancelled.
- To remain eligible for the Presidential Scholarship, a recipient must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.8 throughout his or her enrollment. If a recipient’s cumulative GPA falls below a 3.8, he or she will lose the scholarship and all future awards will be cancelled.
- If a recipient withdraws or is terminated, the scholarship is permanently forfeited.
- Scholarships are available only to those who qualify, and they are limited in number.